Dear Parent or Guardian of an Orchard Student:
Our second year at Orchard is about to begin! On behalf of Assistant Principal Alysia Arsanto, welcome to all of our Orchard families, new and returning. Parents are children’s ﬁrst and most inﬂuential educators. We look forward to collaborating with you in providing your children with the best education possible. We have been busily preparing for the new school year. Many of our teachers have used the summer break to gain training in various disciplines. Parent volunteers have done much work around the school and our custodians, have worked hard cleaning up the school and getting it ready for another year.
Our professional goals for 2016-2017 include:
- Continuing to implement Balanced Literacy, speciﬁcally Readers & Writers Workshop in all classrooms.
- Continuing to implement Common Core Math, speciﬁcally: Constructing Viable Arguments & Critique the Reasoning of Others; Making Sense of Problems and Persevere Solving Them; Modeling with Mathematics
- Continuing to use Caring School Community resources to sustain a welcoming and sound social-emotional learning environment.
- Continuing to provide a welcoming environment for all of our Orchard Families!
We encourage you to communicate with us. We have an open door policy; however, we are often not in the oﬃce during school hours, since we spend much time with teachers and students. If you want in depth time, we ask you to please request a meeting so we can give you my full attention. Mrs. Keenan and Mrs. Conley, our school secretaries, have a copy of our calendars in the oﬃce. For any concerns about your child’s class, we encourage you to ﬁrst contact your child’s teacher. She/he will be in the best position to help you. But please, ask questions and communicate concerns so that we can build a partnership which will ensure student success.
Since we recognize that parents are their children's most important teachers, we need your cooperation and involvement to provide them with the best education possible. Your interest and concern in your child’s school progress, and the learning they receive at home, will motivate them to do their best.
- School Supply Drop-Off | Open House | Meet your Teacher: Monday, August 29, 2:30-3:30
- First Day of School for Grades 2-5: Tuesday, August 30, 8:45-3:15
- Kinder & 1st Grade Family Connection Conferences: Tuesday & Wednesday, August 30 & 31
- First Day of Kindergarten & First Grade: Thursday, September 1, 8:45-3:15
Other Important Reminders:
- Visit our website: www.OrchardElementary.org for important information about:
- School Supply Lists
- Student-Parent Handbook
- School Calendar and other important dates
- PTO information and much, much more!
- Supervision of students will begin at 8:30 and end at 3:30 p.m (2:30 on Fridays). Please arrange for drop-off and pick-up.
Robert Broecker & Alysia Arsanto